Methics launch new Applet for remote eIDAS-compliant signatures.
Methics launched a new SIM applet, the Alauda B17 Fortress; a new addition to our growing product portfolio to cater for low-cost standard JavaCard UICC cards.
Remote signing with Alauda B17 is based on PKI and complies fully with standard PKIX specifications. The MSSP generates the PKI key pair and uses a secret key sharing mechanism to split the private key between the MSSP server and the standard JavaCard SIM card in end-user devices.
eIDAS-compliant PKI Signatures are produced by the server-side Kiuru MSSP platform after user consent (Click-OK or PIN entry) on the Alauda B17 applet.
Remote signing with Alauda B17 applet has multiple benefits:
- B17 applet works on rudimentary JavaCard UICC cards – no PKI hardware is required on the card.
- B17 applet shares the features available on the Alauda P38 WPKI Applet including an identical user interface and multi-language support.
- B17 supports Click-OK and PIN user journeys similar to GSMA CPAS8.
- B17 provide equal functionality with CPAS8 and high level of security.
- Kiuru MSSP platform works w/o an HSM to make the actual signatures.
Contact us to learn more about how we could help you leverage your assets to become a strong mobile ID provider.